Monday, July 5, 2010

I have treated another battery Saturday July 3rd. It had a resting voltage of 10.63v. I added 10ml of product to each cell. Interestingly, when I put on the charger (Duracell 12 amp "smart" charger), it did not go into "bulk" charge mode. I took it off the charger yesterday. Today, 24 hours later, it still has a voltage of 12.78v! This is a very good sign. Now that i have the electric car back in the carport, I can more easily test batteries in it.

I also have another battery that I began testing on. This battery has a dead cell. Supposedly, a battery with a dead cell cannot be revived. I added 10ml of product in the dead cell only. I put it on the charger for 24 hours, and when I took it off the charger the voltage immediately dropped to 11.17v. I put it back on the charger, and today (24 hours later), it had a voltage of 13.01v right off the charger. What I have done with it now is I have put it in parallel with a known good battery that has a Wizbang desulfator on it that is on float charge.

I'm not sure what to do with the original battery I tested. It had 2 bad cells. After treatment, the voltage dropped a little. I think I will put it on an electronic desulfator later.

No comments:

Post a Comment